Monday, March 12, 2012

Crock Pot Vegetable Stew


Here's a  quick crock pot recipe!  I got it from the cookbook Fresh From the Vegetarian Slow Cooker.  The original title of the recipe is "Crock Pot Mediterranean Vegetable Stew."  My version of it is a "throw it all in the crock pot and turn it on" type recipe, which is why I like it.  I feel that if you're going to use the crock pot, why would you want to saute and do prepping before the food gets thrown in?  I don't have time...anyways, this recipe I modified and made it quicker.  I omitted some things as well.  For example; it called for a fennel bulb, but those can be expensive...even though they are delicious!  So, here's my version...

Jamie's Crock Pot Vegetable Stew

You can access a printable version of this recipe HERE.


3 medium garlic cloves, minced


1 large carrot, chopped

1 small onion, chopped

1 pound white potato, chopped (that's about 3 medium potatoes)

1 small green pepper, chopped

1 - 14.5 ounce canned diced tomatoes, undrained OR 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce

1 - 15.5 ounce canned chick peas, drained and rinsed

2 cups vegetable broth

1/2 teaspoon oregano

salt and pepper to taste

Throw it all in the crock pot and set crock pot for 6 to 8 hours.  Done!

 We like to throw some pasta in, too.  I might use ditalini or some type of pasta that size.  I'll measure a cup of dry pasta and cook and drain it.  Then when stew is done, I throw it in.  But the pasta is definitely not necessary!


2 comments:

  1. Looks Yummy !!
    Susan Gurczynski

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue! :) If you try it, let me know how it comes!

      Delete